A Skilled Guide Through Divorce

Divorce is never easy, but there is no reason to make it harder than it needs to be. With the help of a skilled lawyer, you can avoid expensive mistakes and frustrating pitfalls.

When I represent you in a divorce, I take a no-nonsense approach, treating you with compassion while giving you honest advice and a straightforward plan.

When you are my client, I keep you informed on every new development in your divorce and look for the most efficient and effective way of resolving issues such as:

  • Divorce
  • Property division
  • Real estate issues in property division
  • Spousal support/alimony
  • Child custody
  • Child support

I have been working as a lawyer for more than 30 years, most of that time spent in family law and real estate law. Still, I have never forgotten that every case is personal and meaningful to each client and deserves personal attention.

When you are my client, I will work closely with you so that I understand your situation, your needs and your goals. Together, we will work on getting you closer to those goals.

Trial Or Negotiation

Most divorces today are settled out of court through negotiation, rather than going to trial. Settling a divorce out of court typically costs less and takes less time. It also gives you a greater sense of control over your outcome.

Mediation, which is a form of guided negotiation, can help reduce the resentment and bitter feelings that so often follow a divorce. For this reason, it can be an especially good option for parents with young children, as they will have to continue to coordinate child custody matters with each other for a long time.

However, there are some issues that can be resolved only through going to trial. When the best way to protect my clients is by going to court, I have the skills to argue forcefully and effectively on their behalf.

Get Started

If you need help with divorce or other family law issues, contact my Warren, Michigan, office today. Call Josephine R. Sbrocca, Attorney at Law, at 586-751-4421 or send me an email.